Chocolate and Me

Image created at GlassGiant.com

My very own cartoon!

My very own cartoon!
I created this (well the words anyway - not the pics) at http://comics.happyfacegenerator.com

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thing 9/Week 4

I've had a look at Feedster, Topix, Syndic8 and Technorati and the 2 search tools I prefer are Syndic8 and Technorati. I added a couple of feeds to my Bloglines account from Feedster and Topix, and added Syndic8 and Technorati to my Favorites so that I can go back and have a better look sometime. I did a search for "libraries" on each search tool and from what I have seen so far, I think the quality of the results were better on Syndic8 and Technorati. But I think I would need a lot more time to look at the different search tools to be sure about that. Also had some strange results - things you wouldn't think could be connected to libraries ....just like searching on Google really...you do come up with strange things if your search isn't narrow enough..the one complaint I have about Bloglines and all these search tools is that you could spend hours and hours searching and browsing and having fun finding new things on them and filling up your computer with newsfeeds etc...and you could forget about everything else. Rather addictive. But very enlightening, educational, and fun :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The worry for me is ending up with so many feeds I'd never have a chance to check them all out! :) Good work on your blog.