Chocolate and Me

Image created at GlassGiant.com

My very own cartoon!

My very own cartoon!
I created this (well the words anyway - not the pics) at http://comics.happyfacegenerator.com

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thing 4/Week2

What have I been doing this week? Having fun surfing between Blogger, Bebo, My Space and Facebook. I've also created profiles/accounts on Bebo, My Space and Facebook, and when I get time, I'll try to create links to them on my blog. I've set up links on my blog to an Eric Clapton webpage on My Space (and asked to be Eric's friend while I was at it....which reminds me that I need to check out whether I've received a response yet :-) Also set up a link to an Eric Clapton webpage on Bebo. Sent a request to be a friend of Auckland City Libraries on Bebo but still eagerly awaiting a reply...Tried to add images to my blog from My Space but that's still a work in progress aka asking the friendly ACL Learning 2.0 staff for some tips 'cos I keep getting "invalid URL" messages when I try to save images...maybe that's down to the type of image I am trying to add etc (mostly photos of gorgeous movie stars
:-) ....maybe that's not allowed...and lastly but not leastly, I joined the Auckland City Libraries, for Life! group on Facebook and added an old workmate (who knows who she is, if she is reading this) as a friend. Of the three "social networking services", I am enjoying My Space the most, then Facebook and lastly Bebo. What did I learn that most amazed me? That Bebo is designed for people over 13...food for thought....What frustrated me? Trying to get the right URL when attempting to create links etc...it often doesn't seem to work when you copy/paste the URL in the address bar...and then when you type in the URL that people quote on their webpage, that's no guarantee that it will work either (I was still getting invalid URL messages even then)! I have decided that it's probably all down to what type of file you are trying to link to etc...and that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. For now.. :-) Next stop the help files on Blogger and an email to the ACL Learning 2.0 staff...I'll let you know the outcome...watch this space...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha, awesome, I'm going to try adding Eric Clapton as my friend too :) Well done on your blog.