Chocolate and Me

Image created at GlassGiant.com

My very own cartoon!

My very own cartoon!
I created this (well the words anyway - not the pics) at http://comics.happyfacegenerator.com

Monday, October 15, 2007

Thing 7/Week 3

Technology...I love it when it works (and hate it when it doesn't. Doesn't everyone? :-) I have been really enjoying doing this web2 training because I'm learning stuff I always wanted to know but didn't know where to start. I enjoyed the social networking exercises and I'll continue with my accounts on My Space, Bebo and Facebook once I've finished this training (although I will probably change things around or start new accounts etc because they won't be work-related then.) I will keep my Flickr account and any other accounts I will have opened by the time I finish this course. I have especially been enjoying Flickr and I'm totally amazed by all the different applications. Love that Color Fields Color Pickr. I haven't looked at all the mashups and web applications in depth but now I know they're there and I know where to go so I'll be back to try them later on when I have more time. Another thing on my list will be to learn more about digital cameras...missed the training ACL had on downloading etc a few years ago and only just bought my own digital camera...so I can't wait to play around and put my own photos on Flickr etc. The other thing I wanted to say to anyone else who might be reading this and who is daunted by all this technology...give it a go, play around with it...read the instructions first...look up the help files at whatever website you're on...but don't be scared of making mistakes because that is how you will learn...you can delete stuff you create that you don't like...and you can start again...and lastly....remember that a computer is still only a computer..it won't always do what it is supposed to do! :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great encouragement! You're doing wonderful on your blogs so far, keep up the good work! :)