Chocolate and Me

Image created at GlassGiant.com

My very own cartoon!

My very own cartoon!
I created this (well the words anyway - not the pics) at http://comics.happyfacegenerator.com

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thing 8/Week 4

Well I think I went a bit overboard this time. I have 33 feeds on my Bloglines account at the moment and will probably end up with more - it's so easy to subscribe. I have just been doing a lot of copying and pasting of URLs. What do I like about RSS and newsreaders? I guess the fact that the feeds are just there in my Bloglines account and I just have to click on them. I have Quotes of the Day and Word of the Day, for example, and for someone who likes that sorta stuff, it is great to just be able to click on the feed instead of the usual seach on Google etc and then having to look around the websites that come up (although I could add the websites to my favourites.) It saves time. I can see myself using Word of the Day at work because I do a Word of the Week at our library. Quotes of the Day? Good for finding inspiration when things aren't going so well. Other sites like the Readers' Club will be great for keeping up to date on what books are out there. How can libraries take advantage of this technology? Great way of keeping up to date on different things for a start...I'm sure there are many other advantages but I just haven't thought of them yet :-) I feel like I'm just starting to learn about Bloglines and that there is a lot more to learn when I have more time to fully explore it. As for my public Bloglines account, this should be http://www.bloglines.com/public/merrylegs

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great work on RSS feeds ;)