Chocolate and Me

Image created at GlassGiant.com

My very own cartoon!

My very own cartoon!
I created this (well the words anyway - not the pics) at http://comics.happyfacegenerator.com

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Week 9/Thing 21

I looked at podcast.net and did a search for author interviews. Added Authorlink Audio Interviews to my Bloglines account and then went back to look at a podcast. I tried to access a podcast on James Mitchener Remembered...and found that you had to pay...oops...not really wanting to pay at the moment but I may look at that in the future beacause it looked like a good site to listen to author interviews. Next I did a search for "libraries" and came up with Talking with Talis... and a podcast called Introducing the Future Librarians Gang....this time I did things in the right order and actually listened to the podcast before adding it to my Bloglines feeds. It was really interesting...interview with a group of librarians in the UK who had been nominated as some of the top librarians of the future... and they discussed all sorts of things from salaries to the stereotypes of librarians etc. I will be listening to other conversations on Talking with Talis. Also looked at podcastalley.com but much preferred podcast.net. I didn't like the thought of having to download yet more software on my home computer (and I wouldn't even consider it at all on my work computer) to be able to listen to podcasts...my computer is already straining under all the software I throw at it :) So the outcome of that visit was that I didn't listen to any podcasts from podcastalley.com even though I found some interesting library ones that would have been good to listen to...I found listening to the podcast very much like listening to a radio interview...and I'll be listening to more in the future, whether work related or not..and I also added all those sites re how to publish podcasts etc to my Favourites...and I just very well might try making my own one later on ...gotta think of something to talk about first...maybe linedancing dogs.. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great work, you are on the downhill stretch with only 2 more things to do