Chocolate and Me

Image created at GlassGiant.com

My very own cartoon!

My very own cartoon!
I created this (well the words anyway - not the pics) at http://comics.happyfacegenerator.com

Monday, November 12, 2007

Week 8/Thing 19

Web 2.0 tools are great! I looked at One Sentence (www.onesentence.org) which was listed under Fun Stuff. I really enjoyed this...the idea is to write a story in 1 sentence....so I wrote one and submitted it and hopefully it will be published. Also added this website to my Favourites. Also looked at Lulu where you can publish your own manuscript...but no luck there. The screen froze and is still frozen as I type this post. Also looked at iGoogle and have to admit that I went slightly crazy there :-) Added heaps of widgets to my iGoogle home page (Garfield of the day, To Do, Things to Ponder among a few...the full list of what I added is too long for me to type out here :-) All I can say is that I am gonna have a lot of fun with it... oh and I also added Hangman, played a game and narrowly avoided being hung! Favourite quote in Quote of the Day today was "Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious" - Brendan Gill...love that quote. I have added the page of Web 2.0 tools etc to my Favourites as well and I'll be looking through more sites later. And lastly, I should say that I added all this to my home computer so I can play at home and not at work when I should be working :-) Workwise I can see some of the widgets on iGoogle as being useful e.g This Day in History - this could be used to find out what happened on a particular day in history and create a display around it. I intend to do that. Top 5 movies at the box Office...good for answering customer queries on this topic and I don't have to search Google for the info - I can just go to my iGoogle homepage. And that's just a couple...there were too many for me to look through at the moment...but I'm sure I'll find more that would be useful in a library.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The problem is that there is so many cool things to look at and not enough time