Chocolate and Me

Image created at GlassGiant.com

My very own cartoon!

My very own cartoon!
I created this (well the words anyway - not the pics) at http://comics.happyfacegenerator.com

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Week 2: Genealogy

I signed up to both My Heritage and Geni, and I liked them both. There are things I prefer about each site, but I think my preference overall is for the My Heritage site, probably mostly because of the "fun" activities. I like the photo slideshow on My Heritage and I had great fun doing the celebrity face recognition collage, which shows what celebrities you resemble. I have posted my celebrity look-alike collage on this blog. I also saw myself morph into Jesse McCartney using the celebrity morph, and I am looking forward to trying the look-alike meter once I have uploaded more photos of my kids and my ex-husband onto my home computer. However I don't like the fact that my family tree shows me under my maiden name because that's what I had to type in when I entered my name - I haven't yet managed to figure out how I can possibly show both my maiden name and my current name. I also don't like the homepage on my family site which assumes that my current name is the same as my maiden name - so I need to do something about that! :-)I like the family tree part of Geni better than the one on My Heritage because it shows both my current and maiden surnames, and I like the arrows radiating out from each person on the family tree so that you just have to click on them and add brothers/sisters etc (down arrow) and parents (up arrow) etc. There are lots more things I like about each site but this post would end up a mile long if I listed everything - so I won't :-) Would I recommend these sites to customers? Definitely. I would recommend both of them and leave the customer to make up their own mind, because what might suit one person more might not suit another so much. And I will continue to add my own family tree and photos etc to both sites ...they each have different things to offer and different strengths and weaknesses.

1 comment:

ACL web 2.1 said...

Hi Merrylegs

I enjoyed using the celebrity morph on My Heritage too I thought they were great!! I see you had a really good look at both sites which is excellent!! Well done next up is Week 3 Books and Authors loads of fun :-)